Updating the vanilla game

Everything related to modding

Updating the vanilla game

Postby Dr. Jones » Sat Jan 27, 2018 2:11 pm

Are you planning to add into the vanilla game the "official" mods made by the developers? I'm talking about the T-Rex, the Scientific Assistant, Indiana Jones, Endless Mode or the Yakul mods, for example. You have to take in mind that the majority of people don't use mods when playing, so they will never play with them. I think that it will be a nice surprise for them to see a new update with that content. Keep in mind that those mods have already fulfilled their objective, which is to serve as an example for the modder community, so the next step is, logically, to be integrated in the vanilla game.

By the way, I would also like to see that mods in the board game, especially the T-Rex :P
Dr. Jones

Re: Updating the vanilla game

Postby riadd » Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:42 pm

Probably not. We take some liberties with the mods and don't heavily test their tuning for example. Adding them to the regular game would be a much bigger step that just adding them right away. Not sure if that's worth the effort.
riadd
Curious Dev
Curious Dev

Re: Updating the vanilla game

Postby Dr. Jones » Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:34 pm

That's a pity. I hope that one day you change your mind, because some mods like the T-Rex mod is pretty consistent with the vanilla game.
Dr. Jones

Return to Modding