Crowdin.com?

Post here to announce translations that you are working on.

Re: Crowdin.com?

Postby Dr. Jones » Sat Oct 07, 2017 1:51 am

Hey, Riad. Any idea on how can I download a .txt file of the translation in crowdin so I can see how it works in the game? I haven't saw that option anywhere.
Dr. Jones

Postby Dr. Jones » Sat Oct 07, 2017 4:42 pm

Helo, devs, I have three petitions for you about the translation:

- First, I want to know if it would be possible to do that the names of the different biomes could use the syntax [xxxxx|kkkkk|mmmmm]. In English, the adjetive coincide always with the substantive, but in Spanish, the adjetive must be in the same gender and number that the substantive, so the translation in Spanish is very limited. Because of that, using that special syntax would give more variety and appropiate names.

Other option would be having various lines of adjectives, each of them linked to a specific world's biome. In that way, I can translate the adjetives for "jungle" in femenine and the adjectives for "desert" in masculine.

- Second, I would like that the text box of the gentleman seated in the armchair that welcomes us to the game would be a little bigger, because in Spanish the sentences are longer than in English so the text overflow the limits of the box.

- And third, it would nice that the same gentleman of before could recognize the sex of the player's explorer, because it causes a lot of problems in Spanish. It is very unimmersive that he refers to a woman like she is a man.

Edit: A fourth suggestion has come to my mind. What about if do you add the option to change the world's name like we can change the butterflies's names? I mean sepecifically this system but for the worlds:

names-butterfly=[$name's $butterflyAdj $butterflySpecies|$name's $butterflyAdj $butterflyAdj $butterflySpecies]

I say this because in Spanish it is better to say first the substantive and later the adjective than in the opposite, so with the changes I have proposed the translation would be better adapted. Without these changes, the translation it is still readable but it feels weird and inadequate.
Dr. Jones

Postby Dr. Jones » Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:18 am

I have a new question: it is possible to use this syntax {mmmmm|fffff} inside of this [xxxxx|zzzzz] and having something like this [{mmmmm|fffff}|{mmmmm|fffff}]? It would be useful.

I hope I made myself clear :lol:
Dr. Jones

Postby riadd » Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:52 am

Dr. Jones wrote:Hey, Riad. Any idea on how can I download a .txt file of the translation in crowdin so I can see how it works in the game? I haven't saw that option anywhere.

Maybe we have different UI options since I'm also the project creator, but I can click on the three dots button here and click on download. I think the current client build that is online, does not yet support the new syntax, but we have it running in the development build already and our new programmer also tested some new languages already. We'll probably push the new build online later this week or will at least upload it in a test branch. Are you on steam or on another platform?
riadd
Curious Dev
Curious Dev

Postby Dr. Jones » Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:18 pm

riadd wrote:
Dr. Jones wrote:Hey, Riad. Any idea on how can I download a .txt file of the translation in crowdin so I can see how it works in the game? I haven't saw that option anywhere.

Maybe we have different UI options since I'm also the project creator, but I can click on the three dots button here and click on download. I think the current client build that is online, does not yet support the new syntax, but we have it running in the development build already and our new programmer also tested some new languages already. We'll probably push the new build online later this week or will at least upload it in a test branch. Are you on steam or on another platform?

I have only two options to download the document: in .csv and .xliff. I tried to change the name of the files to lang_es while keeping the original extension, but it didn't worked. I'm currently playing the game from steam on windows.
Dr. Jones

Postby riadd » Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:33 pm

The .csv extensions is the one we're using in the new build. In the upcoming version you will be able to run the downloaded file directly. There should be no need to rename or modify it I think.
riadd
Curious Dev
Curious Dev

Previous

Return to Translations