Russian Translation started

Post here to announce translations that you are working on.

Re: Russian Translation started

Postby riadd » Fri Nov 25, 2016 2:12 pm

0wn3df1x wrote://Devs,
What about explorers and other characters names translation? Can this be realised?


I've extracted the names now. They'll be translatable in the next version (probably this weekend).
User avatar
riadd
Curious Dev
Curious Dev
 
Posts: 780
Joined: Thu May 22, 2014 11:36 am
Location: Berlin

Re: Russian Translation started

Postby riadd » Fri Nov 25, 2016 2:48 pm

0wn3df1x wrote:
1) "Russian" should be replaced by "Русский"
2) "русский язык" should be replaced by "Русский"



For 1) it always shows the English name on purpose, this is also the case for other languages. I mean it does not add much info, but I thought it might help some people with context. I might simply remove it if it causes confusion.
For 2) I've updated the translation as you requested.
User avatar
riadd
Curious Dev
Curious Dev
 
Posts: 780
Joined: Thu May 22, 2014 11:36 am
Location: Berlin

Re: Russian Translation started

Postby riadd » Fri Nov 25, 2016 2:50 pm

EkemRoht wrote:Hi. I need some tips. I was faced with the problem that due to differences of languages the phrase can be translated without change.
$He [seemed | looked | was] [fierce | dangerous | wild] [and | but] [swift | lovable | stoic | clever | healthy | robust | large | tame], and I decided to [name | call] $him $name.

The problem is that Russian grammar doesn't allow to use literal translation "was". Is it possible to remove it and leave only the two words?
$He [кажется | выглядит ] [свирепым | опасным | диким]...


P.S. Sorry for this horrible English. I only understand it well, but write badly.


Yes of course. Feel free to move around the words as you need and to even change/remove variations that don't make sense in your language. We did the same with German. A good translation always has to take some liberties.
User avatar
riadd
Curious Dev
Curious Dev
 
Posts: 780
Joined: Thu May 22, 2014 11:36 am
Location: Berlin

Re: Russian Translation started

Postby EkemRoht » Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:44 pm

Hi. It's me again.
I came to the translation of this part.
[A'richt let's gang. | A'm aff tae be yer best mukker. | Howfur aboot some whisky? | Dinna worry yirsel ah will handle this. | A've fought mony battles 'n' wull staun mah ground. | Ah hawp ye hae whisky wi' ye.]

I'm not all words were able to understand. Could you tell how it will look without typos?
EkemRoht
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2016 9:12 pm

Re: Russian Translation started

Postby EkemRoht » Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:47 pm

And we've already done 16.5% translation :D
EkemRoht
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2016 9:12 pm

Re: Russian Translation started

Postby riadd » Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:52 am

EkemRoht wrote:Hi. It's me again.
I came to the translation of this part.
[A'richt let's gang. | A'm aff tae be yer best mukker. | Howfur aboot some whisky? | Dinna worry yirsel ah will handle this. | A've fought mony battles 'n' wull staun mah ground. | Ah hawp ye hae whisky wi' ye.]

I'm not all words were able to understand. Could you tell how it will look without typos?


I'm not sure myself. :D I think..

Alright, let's go
???
How about some whisky?
Don't worry, I will handle this
I've fought many battles and stood my ground well
I hope you have whisky
User avatar
riadd
Curious Dev
Curious Dev
 
Posts: 780
Joined: Thu May 22, 2014 11:36 am
Location: Berlin

Re: Russian Translation started

Postby vasenatr » Wed Feb 08, 2017 4:30 pm

Hello! I started one to translate the game. The translators above "dead". In Russia there is a joke: "my english it "normalno"(normal)". It's just about me. I write here asking for help.

cl-join-13=[A'richt let's gang.|A'm aff tae be yer best mukker.|Howfur aboot some whisky?|Dinna worry yirsel ah will handle this.|A've fought mony battles 'n' wull staun mah ground.|Ah hawp ye hae whisky wi' ye.]

How does that translate?? Who said that? Drunk? Slang? Disease?
vasenatr
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2017 4:17 pm

Re: Russian Translation started

Postby EkemRoht » Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:48 pm

vasenatr wrote:Hello! I started one to translate the game. The translators above "dead". In Russia there is a joke: "my english it "normalno"(normal)". It's just about me. I write here asking for help.

cl-join-13=[A'richt let's gang.|A'm aff tae be yer best mukker.|Howfur aboot some whisky?|Dinna worry yirsel ah will handle this.|A've fought mony battles 'n' wull staun mah ground.|Ah hawp ye hae whisky wi' ye.]

How does that translate?? Who said that? Drunk? Slang? Disease?


riadd wrote:
EkemRoht wrote:Hi. It's me again.
I came to the translation of this part.
[A'richt let's gang. | A'm aff tae be yer best mukker. | Howfur aboot some whisky? | Dinna worry yirsel ah will handle this. | A've fought mony battles 'n' wull staun mah ground. | Ah hawp ye hae whisky wi' ye.]

I'm not all words were able to understand. Could you tell how it will look without typos?


I'm not sure myself. :D I think..

Alright, let's go
???
How about some whisky?
Don't worry, I will handle this
I've fought many battles and stood my ground well
I hope you have whisky

Yeah)
EkemRoht
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2016 9:12 pm

Re: Russian Translation started

Postby Zveroboy » Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:33 pm

Does this topic still alive?
User avatar
Zveroboy
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:30 pm

Re: Russian Translation started

Postby riadd » Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:39 pm

I hope so. If you need any help let me know. Also considering running the translation through crowdin.com . Any thoughts?
User avatar
riadd
Curious Dev
Curious Dev
 
Posts: 780
Joined: Thu May 22, 2014 11:36 am
Location: Berlin

PreviousNext

Return to Translations

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest
cron