Bug/Exploit: Luis stays in trek after dismissing Tim Timster

Add your ideas for features, characters, items, events, enemies here..

Bug/Exploit: Luis stays in trek after dismissing Tim Timster

Postby beterwel » Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:30 pm

I think it's great that Luis no longer occupies a spot in the trek, allowing you to recruit Tim Timster more easily.

BUT: after dismissing Tim Timster, Luis ISN'T dismissed, which I think story-wise is a bit strange. And it gives you an extra unit, with a free spot in the trek.
Luis isn't the most useful character, but a free extra die in combat, plus added cannon-fodder seems like a bit of an exploit to me. Especially since Tim Timster is often introduced at the start of a game.
beterwel

Re: Bug/Exploit: Luis stays in trek after dismissing Tim Tim

Postby ShivaMiTimbas » Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:27 am

I just won certain death doing this xD http://i.imgur.com/FffSmBJ.jpg The changes to animals this update is awesome!

A few other things that in my opinion should be rebalanced I noticed playing as Alexandra David-Neel are:

-not having any penalties for using coca leaves and alcohol if you only have animals in your party

-Traveling at zero sanity the event five times in a row was the deserted adventurer asking to butcher one of my animals which I declined each time and he did only lost loyalty. and also without him the animals would only get infected however I could have been lucky or the frequencies are bugged :P
ShivaMiTimbas

Postby riadd » Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:13 pm

Thanks for the feedback! We're tracking the frequency of events, so there might be some more tuning in the future.
riadd
Curious Dev
Curious Dev

Postby pepperjam » Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:19 pm

I like that you can keep Louis.

What if dismissing Tim Timster triggered an event where he begs you not to keep his dog, or you have to fight him? Maybe you could lose fame, since he is a journalist and could smear you in the papers.
pepperjam

Postby UltimateChaos » Sun May 07, 2017 9:44 pm

Could probably have Luis run away if his owner dies, or have a mind check like with keeping a native. Feels a bit unbalanced to have Luis without Tim, tbh.
UltimateChaos

Postby SyntheticHumor » Thu May 11, 2017 7:54 pm

I think Luis should stay. Think about it, if he was with a group long enough he would be loyal to the people he's with, so if Tim dies Luis isn't going to just run off into the abyss. In the case of dismissing Tim, however, I think a dice roll or loyalty check could add depth to the game.
SyntheticHumor

Postby UltimateChaos » Thu May 11, 2017 8:22 pm

I've done this a few times but feel a little dirty for doing so.... if I see Tim as a possible recruit and my party is full, I'll recruit him and immediately dismiss him, keeping his dog :D I don't want to be able to do that, but I take the edges I can get on hard mode, haha.
UltimateChaos

Return to Suggestions