A few more ideas

Add your ideas for features, characters, items, events, enemies here..

A few more ideas

Postby fubarbarian » Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:32 am

I have a couple more ideas that would be nice to have:

• A method for creating an NPC that is attached to a location. For example, if I had a location with multiple events that changed the screen using showImage, I'd like to be able to display the same generated NPC within each image. Right now, it seems I have to respawn an NPC, which means it gets a random name and any continuity between screens and text becomes broken. Further, I'd like to "store" that NPC and bring them back, possibly by a unique flag.
  • I'd like to be able to specify the fade speed when using showImage.
  • For locations, I'd like to be able to make them hidden, with or without the question mark icon. I'd also like to be able to turn on or off the exploration XP. For example, I have a location attached to another location, and I'd like for the party to see the secondary location when they are two tiles away, but only get the exploration XP for finding the primary location.
fubarbarian

Re: A few more ideas

Postby riadd » Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:26 am

Thanks for the feedback! Interesting ideas!

- The way to handle NPCs that are supposed to appear multiple times is to use fixed character with fixed names at the moment.
- You can remove the xp bonus for locations by setting mapScore to 0 (see for example loc-ship). There is also support for sub locations that are placed relative to other locations to give visual hints about them. See for example the sub locations defined in the loc-village-1 entry.
riadd
Curious Dev
Curious Dev

Postby fubarbarian » Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:34 am

Thanks Riadd! The mapScore property is what I was looking for. Then I saw revealEvent which I can use to swap in a fixture tile as well.

Regarding the NPC, I'm using a native villager as a base for the NPC in my new location and like that the generator matches their clothing and name style to the other villagers, but obviously, I lose the initial generated name when displaying a new event image. I thought storing or otherwise bookmarking the NPC would be nice. This could also be used for the slaver NPC, since the slaver name changes each time you drop into the buy slave screen and come back.
fubarbarian

Postby fubarbarian » Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:13 pm

A couple more features that would be nice:
- I'd like a way to force an imgSlot for an npc. Dogs have "unit" imgSlot and I'd like to temporarily force them to "NPC1" when I spawn them for an event image.
- A way to modify the portrait image for a character. I have an event that can make a physical change to a character and I'd like to be able to propagate that change to their portrait. :)
fubarbarian

Postby riadd » Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:52 pm

Modifying the character portrait is a really cool idea! I don't think that is possible right now.

Thanks for the suggestion. I'm taking note of all
riadd
Curious Dev
Curious Dev

Return to Suggestions