Dice rolls on events

Add your ideas for features, characters, items, events, enemies here..

Dice rolls on events

Postby Dr. Jones » Sat Jan 27, 2018 2:06 pm

As you know, there are some events where the player has to roll some dices to succeed. I love this mechanic. The problem is that there are some events where the main explorer is trying to achieve alone a thing but the dices are for all the group. This happens, for example, in the native competition (all the group helped me even when the event stated that I was doing it alone), the poker game (the companion who was playing against me was granting me his dices) or the lifting of a tree (the companion who was under the tree was helping me). For that reason, I think that some events should forbid the use of the dices of some companions. Maybe you should reconsider the idea of adding a joker dice with all faces in it if the player doesn't have a dice that matches with the requiring roll.

What do you think?
Dr. Jones

Re: Dice rolls on events

Postby riadd » Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:44 pm

Yes, we've thought about different variations of this. In one of the updates we already added that only a subset of dice was used, but this turned out to complicate the rules without us having a good UI to explain what is actually going on. Also adding a fallback joker die for every explorer is something I've been thinking about quite a bit, but it could require extensive retuning of the game, so maybe it would be better to just try it in a mod first.
riadd
Curious Dev
Curious Dev

Return to Suggestions