Lost saves

Bug reports go here

Lost saves

Postby Nicegame » Mon May 15, 2017 12:03 am

Loaded up my game to find ANOTHER game gone. Hours of gameplay from multiple playthroughs. I have not been able to beat this game yet, its a challenge, but one that can be overcome, but the bugs, those cannot. I understand dying in battle, starving or having a crew member set all of your exits on fire. But to come home from work to find last nights game gone. Maxed out chef, a raptor, the weapons, and mushrooms, just gone... done with this game after I leave a negative review.
Nicegame

Re: Lost saves

Postby Ark » Mon May 15, 2017 2:42 pm

Riadd will propably want to know the version number of your game and your operating system at least.
My initial thought is that Steam is eating your saves somehow.
I might be completely wrong, but I would disable all sort of Steam syncs and whatnots.
Ark

Postby Groli » Sun May 21, 2017 9:42 pm

This happened to me today, in the browser version.
I saved and quit after 4 expeditions, and all my progress was lost when I came back tonight :shock: :(
Groli

Postby Groli » Mon May 22, 2017 1:17 pm

I just did one expedition in the web version, then quit and saved.
I closed the browser and opened it again, and... the save has disappeared!

If it is by design that there aren't saves in the browser version, then the button should really not say "Quit and Save".
But really, the lack of any save system is an enormous problem.

It's a real pity, because with the browser version this would be the perfect lunch break game :-/
Groli

Postby UltimateChaos » Mon May 22, 2017 8:05 pm

Might have to do with cookies/cache clearing. I'd check browser settings to make sure nothing like that is happening.
UltimateChaos

Postby Groli » Mon May 22, 2017 9:09 pm

I just tested it again, and I find that I don't even need to close the window for my save to disappear: if I "Save and Quit", close the tab and immediately open the game website again, my save is gone.

I usually use Chrome, but I also tested it in Firefox and Edge
As far as I'm concerned, there is no "Save" feature in the browser version of the game.
Groli

Return to Bugs