Translation - Bug / Missing lines

Bug reports go here

Translation - Bug / Missing lines

Postby Damn3d » Fri Mar 31, 2017 6:00 pm

Hi everyone,

This topic is the official topic for centralize the translation error / bug text / missing lines for english & other language.
Post at the next, please with a screenshot, i will survey and update this post at each issues for the dev!

Thanks. :mrgreen:

In progress

Bug - Only the ? is in red since the last version. The original line is _recruter ?_ and work good before the last version ! But now, if a ponctuation point is in the _ _, only him is in red but if i try with _recruter_ ? it works, recruter is in red.

Image Bug - French version - Accent are bug on the region choice.
It happens only when you Save & Quit on the map region choice. When you start again and continue the game. Accent are totally bug.

Bug - Line 562 "combat-targetbuff=Ennemi" but Enemy appear in game.

Missing Lines - Final Score & Tip

Bug - In the game, add a and $name2 for evt-sanity-fight
Don't understand why because english file content Our [people were| group was] [losing faith|growing tense|becoming overwrought], and a discussion between $name escalated into a [raucous|heated] argument.

Bug - In the game, add a and $name2 for evt-dismiss-western
Don't understand why because english file content $name [objected vehemently|tried to convince me otherwise|attempted to change my opinion|opposed me furiously|warned me of the consequences].

Bug - Description for Perk "Strong Mind"

Already done

Missing Lines "New site Unlocked"
Missing Lines "txt-sp-xxxxx-name unlocked!"
Missing Lines "New Funds Balance"
Missing Lines "Out of Range"
Missing Lines "txt-fxt-arctic Stockpile-name"
Missing Lines "Fame on main menu"
Bug - Problem with XXXX's Butterfly not adapted (for French version)
Bug - No space after the ?. Corrected by replacing all the space before ? or ! with an Non-breaking space (ALT+255)
Last edited by Damn3d on Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:59 pm, edited 12 times in total.
Damn3d

Re: Translation - Bug / Missing lines

Postby Damn3d » Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:22 am

Added Bug - In the game, add a add a and $name2 for evt-dismiss-western at the first post
Damn3d

Postby riadd » Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:07 pm

Damn3d wrote:Added Bug - In the game, add a add a and $name2 for evt-dismiss-western at the first post

That's by design: $name can stand for multiple names in some events. In those cases the names are combines using "," and "and". In English and German this is fine grammatically. Is there a problem for the French version? Do we need to distinguish between these cases?
riadd
Curious Dev
Curious Dev

Postby riadd » Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:15 pm

current status:

missing line strong mind
this perk should not have a description and instead should show the bonus stats directly. i'll have to fix that screen for all languages, but not custom translation line is necessary.

perk line not translated
will still have to add a info box, but i think it's not super high priority right now as the screen should be somewhat self explanatory.

butterflies
i'll add the generation rule to the translation file so that you can overwrite the exact grammar per language. should be part of the next update.
riadd
Curious Dev
Curious Dev

Postby Damn3d » Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:34 am

Hi.

I've add 1 new bug & 1 missing lines :)

riadd wrote:missing line strong mind
this perk should not have a description and instead should show the bonus stats directly. i'll have to fix that screen for all languages, but not custom translation line is necessary.

Fixed it when you can :D

riadd wrote:perk line not translated
will still have to add a info box, but i think it's not super high priority right now as the screen should be somewhat self explanatory.

Alright ;)

riadd wrote:butterflies
i'll add the generation rule to the translation file so that you can overwrite the exact grammar per language. should be part of the next update.

About this, it's better but in french, the adjective is already behind the name.
Actually : bizarre Papillon de nuit
Need to be : Papillon de nuit bizarre
Damn3d

Postby riadd » Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:50 am

Damn3d wrote:About this, it's better but in french, the adjective is already behind the name.
Actually : bizarre Papillon de nuit
Need to be : Papillon de nuit bizarre

It should be possible by using this new line:

Code: Select all
names-butterfly=[$name's $butterflyAdj $butterflySpecies|$name's $butterflyAdj $butterflyAdj $butterflySpecies]

Maybe change it to:

Code: Select all
names-butterfly=[$name's $butterflySpecies de $butterflyAdj |$name's $butterflySpecies de $butterflyAdj $butterflyAdj ]
riadd
Curious Dev
Curious Dev

Postby Damn3d » Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:12 am

Hi riadd

I missed the line, sorry. We have adapted him for the french version, it works good now! classified!

Add 3 new bugs on first page
Damn3d

Postby Damn3d » Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:54 am

Damn3d wrote:Image Bug - No space after the ?. But on the txt file : evt-harbor-quest-letter-2=J'ai [refusé de remettre la lettre|ignoré sa demande]. [Après tout, je suis un(e) explorateur(trice), pas un agent postal.|Pour qui me prenait-il ? Pour une sorte de service postal ?|Je ne pouvais pas me permettre de détourner l'expédition de son objectif principal.]
For information : In french, there is always a space between text and ?

Corrected by replacing all the space before ? or ! with an Non-breaking space (ALT+255)
Damn3d

Postby Damn3d » Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:21 pm

@riadd : Could you add the butterflies system to the region name ?

L'Eternelle Jungle >>> La Jungle Eternelle
La fertile Jungle >>> La Jungle Fertile
etc...
Damn3d

Postby Damn3d » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:56 am

About the Accent, see the first post. More precisely identified :D
Damn3d

Next

Return to Bugs