Post spelling error / suggestions here

Bug reports go here

Re: Post spelling error / suggestions here

Postby OffensiveMouse » Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:32 am

"A scientist approached me this morning with a request. He told me about a mysterious box that was buried somehwere...''
It is supposed to be somewhere.
OffensiveMouse

Postby jazzrogue » Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:29 pm

When staying overnight at a native village, there's a sometimes a prompt right before sleeping to settle a native couple's argument as to whether men or women are superior. There is a grammar issue in the response when the old man disapproves of your reply when you say women are superior (I unfortunately didn't write down the text to provide a correction to the grammar... sorry).
jazzrogue

Postby dpeg » Mon Jul 20, 2015 5:22 pm

On some text you have "quitely", which supposedly is "quietly" instead.

In some places there is a mismatch between genders: a character addressed as "he" and "she" in subsequent sentences. Sorry I have no concrete example on that one.

Not a grammar/spelling bug, but language related: when going to sleep to regenerate sanity, you get prompted to spend a "night", when in fact it takes several days. This actually confused me at first.

Apologies if these are already known, and keep up the good work!
dpeg

Postby mumra » Fri Jul 24, 2015 5:50 am

On arriving at a village, one of the natives was capable of speaking our language.

The text reads: "She had learned english at nearby mission. In perfect english [...]"

Should read: "She had learned English at the nearby mission. In perfect English [...]"
mumra

Postby kwheeler1 » Mon Aug 03, 2015 4:03 am

I was visiting a village of lizard people in expedition 6 for the second time, and there were two options for rest in village: the first was grayed out, and the second was spelled "rest in villaget."
kwheeler1

Postby Dr. Jones » Thu Sep 10, 2015 6:47 pm

Not sure if it is a error or just a joke, but... "Animals cant't be speak."

Dr. Jones

Postby allister » Sat Oct 03, 2015 5:56 am

The geyser was spelled "geysir" on my map, I believe.
allister

Postby Ptasty » Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:24 pm

"Xunogikez lost his composure. She was very upset and accused the others of conspiring against him. We managed to talk some sense into her, but the situation had been stressful for the whole group"

Of course it was stressful, nobody knew what to call her. For the record I'm pretty sure she was a she.
Ptasty

Postby Dr. Jones » Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:38 am

"Xunogikez lost his composure. She was very upset and accused the others of conspiring against him. We managed to talk some sense into her, but the situation had been stressful for the whole group"

Of course it was stressful, nobody knew what to call her. For the record I'm pretty sure she was a she.

In fact, with the alpha 18 I have seen a lot of writing errors like this, in which the text confuses the correct grammar forms of the gender of the characters, either companions or NPCs.
Dr. Jones

Postby riadd » Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:34 am

Roxta2111 wrote:"After weeks of traveling euphoria came over me"

Traveling with one L is the american version, Travelling with two L's is british.

So I suppose it doesn't matter, but I think the game is about 19th century england.. oh wait no there is american characters whoops okay no need to change

Also, maybe put a comma between the words traveling and euphoria, makes the sentence a little easier to read.

Thanks! I agree with you on the British thing, even if there are some American characters. I'll change it to "travelling".
riadd
Curious Dev
Curious Dev

PreviousNext

Return to Bugs