Mac Mojave 10.14 can't start an expedition

Bug reports go here

Mac Mojave 10.14 can't start an expedition

Postby allister » Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:48 pm

Hi there,

I've been volunteering as an English teacher in Ethiopia for a little over two years and just came "home" a few months ago. I purchased a new MacBook Air (running Mojave 10.14) and downloaded the Steam client, from which I installed the exciting, updated version of The Curious Expedition, filled with new features I have never gotten to explore!

The problem is, the game window loads, the music starts, and...that's it. There are no buttons anywhere, just a "The Curious Expedition" title and music playing. No way to begin a new expedition and the keyboard doesn't seem to be able to do much, either (although ESC does open up settings which I can play around with, none of them fix the problem).

Any idea as to what's wrong? Should I try uninstalling and reinstalling? This was a brand new install on a brand new MacBook Air, so it seems like that is less likely to be the issue. Help will be much appreciated as I'm really excited to see how the game has been progressing.

Thanks very much!
-Allister
allister

Re: Mac Mojave 10.14 can't start an expedition

Postby riadd » Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:37 pm

Hello Allister,

welcome back and sorry about the issue! Not sure right away what the issue might be. Some quick questions to investigate:

- Could you attach a screenshot of what you're seeing?
- From which store front did you get the build?
- Are you seeing a version number in the title screen?

If you like you can also send us an email to support@curious-expedition.com and I'll set you up with a browser key to play the game in browser while we work on the issue.
riadd
Curious Dev
Curious Dev

Return to Bugs