Using teleport spell inside teleport portail zone

Bug reports go here

Using teleport spell inside teleport portail zone

Postby alban » Mon May 21, 2018 8:14 pm

Severity
Bad : when it occurs, you can't finish map and lose the game.

Bug name (proposal)
Matriochka portals : portal zone inside portal zone

What happened
I found a spell scroll while visiting a ruin. Took the relics and the spell. I forgot the spell name exactly (sorry), but it clearly meant it was about nasty teleporting.
I didn't use the spell immediately as I returned to the map (Area A) : it went to my inventory .
Then I found on Area A a Portal tile. I chose to use that portal.
After jumping to the portal zone (Area B), I walked a bit.
Then I thought I'd try the Teleport Spell I had found, to test if it was able to teleport some place on the Area B.
But the Teleport Spell jumped me to a new zone (Area C), with a hell themed tileset.
I thought I'd better go back to Area B and used the portal tile in Area C which was right next to me.
It brought me back to Area B, but there was no more day countdown next to the hero portrait, the one with "???" indicating how many days left in the portal zone.
And there I was, unable to go back "automatically" to Area A as the countdown didn't tick in to jump me back.
I could have returned to the portal of B, but long story short, no more resources and I rage quited :D

What is expected
When using a teleport spell into a portal area, after coming back, the portal zone "days countdown" should work and bring you back to the standard map.

What happens
The "days countdown" loses track after coming back from the teleport spell zone and doesn't work anymore.

Version / Platform
v1_3_8_8_20149 (downloaded today)
Linux / Electron

Hope it helps.
alban

Re: Using teleport spell inside teleport portail zone

Postby riadd » Fri May 25, 2018 4:46 pm

Thanks for the super detailed bug report! Awesome job. Sorry about the issue. We'll look into it and will report back.
riadd
Curious Dev
Curious Dev

Postby alban » Sun May 27, 2018 11:24 am

You're welcome.

Glad you think it provides enough details. Fixing bug is hard, and this is one was a bit hard to explain :)

Keep up the good job.
alban

Postby Isaac_mm » Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:03 pm

Hello,

Unfortunately I can't reproduce the issue you reported. I assume the spell you meant was the "Tome Page of Portal Traversal". When I use that in a portal zone (Area B), it creates a new Portal location. When I use that Portal location, it takes me back to the original world (Area A). I can't get to another portal zone (Area C).

Maybe that's not the spell you meant? I can't find any spell that instantly takes you to a new portal world, only one that creates a portal location that you can then enter.
Isaac_mm

Return to Bugs