What causes "wandering" parties?

General talk about The Curious Expedition or Maschinen-Mensch

What causes "wandering" parties?

Postby CATenWolde » Sun May 22, 2016 5:46 pm

The following happens fairly often for me: I carefully click on a travel path and confirm travel, and then all of a sudden I catch my party wandering all the hell all over the place for no reason. Is this a "feature" or am I the victim of inadvertent clicks? If it's happening due to my input, then why am I not prompted for confirmation of travel? I just abandoned an expedition #5 team because of this ... (wandered into mosquito infested swamp, went to 0 sanity, and even though I had plenty of supplies my lvl 4 soldier abandoned the party when I wouldn't let him eat my x3 upgraded water buffalo instead).
CATenWolde

Re: What causes "wandering" parties?

Postby riadd » Mon May 23, 2016 9:18 am

Hello, that's definitely not an intended feature. It sounds like an issue with the input handling. Some quick questions: - What OS are you on? - What game version are you currently running (see bottom left in main menu)? What input device are you using? So when this random travel appears you don't get to confirm travel right?
riadd
Curious Dev
Curious Dev

Re: What causes "wandering" parties?

Postby CATenWolde » Wed May 25, 2016 6:48 am

Hi,

Right, the movement is random, with no no confirmation, and I can't even tell if it has a terminus point, etc. Although, when I notice I'm usually just cursing and clicking the Cancel Movement button. ;)

I'm playing version 28.0.2, through the Steam interface. I'm on a Windows 7 PC, using a wireless mouse as an interface.

My brother has also experienced this. He also just bought the game through Steam, and is on a Windows 10 PC. Not sure of his mouse type.
CATenWolde

Return to General